Of all the video effects out there, one of the most interesting is definitely the ‘Chroma Key’ effect. Nowadays it is often referred to as the ‘green screen’ effect because it essentially allows you to record a video with a solid color (normally green) as the background and then effectively superimpose it by replacing that background with a video of your choosing.
Odds are you’re already aware of how major Hollywood studios regularly use the Chroma Key effect in the production of big blockbusters, but you probably never imagined that you could do the same. All that you need to utilize this effect however is Movavi Video Editor, and it won’t even be that complicated to apply it.
If you want to use Movavi Video Editor as a green screen software, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and select both the foreground video (with the solid background) and the background video that you want to use.
- Select the foreground video in the ‘Timeline’ and drag it upwards into the ‘Overlay Track’.
- Double-click the foreground video and choose ‘Cover’ from the list above the ‘Preview’ window and click ‘Apply’.
- Open the ‘Tools’ menu and select the ‘Chroma Key’ option.
- Click the background of the video in the ‘Preview’ window to set the color of little box in the Chroma Key menu.
- Adjust the Chroma Key parameters (i.e. Tolerance, Noise, Edges and Opacity) until the background video is clearly visible in the ‘Preview’ window.
- Click ‘Apply’ when you are satisfied, and then click ‘Export’ to save your video.
Needless to say having access to the Chroma Key effect will open up a number of exciting options – particularly when used in conjunction with the other features in Movavi Video Editor. With them you can split your video into segments, merge clips together, improve the video quality, apply other types of special effects, add background music, insert text fields, and much more.
Now that you know how to apply the Chroma Key effect in your videos – why not start playing around with it. Because of the intuitive nature of Movavi Video Editor it won’t take you long to familiarize yourself with it as well as the other features of the software, and start to churn out impressive green screen videos of your own.