Every business, large and small, needs an online presence. This is more than a website with an address and phone number. Building an online presence means setting up a virtual version of the business – one that includes a dynamic website, Facebook page, Twitter account and more.
The dawn of the twenty-first century is an electronic age, and most people search online for the services and products they need. Companies that ignore the Internet’s marketing potential may as well say, “We don’t need new business.” Here are five reasons every business should have an online presence.
1. Accessibility – The Internet gives businesses a virtual showroom that people can access any time of the day or night. It allows them to research products and services after business hours and from the privacy of their home. For companies that sell products, it gives customers an online store that never closes.
2. Audience – An online presence can reach a larger audience than a brick-and-mortar business. It reaches out to everyone who crosses the virtual threshold, whether they arrive from across the street or another country. This opens up a wider customer base than face-to-face interactions at a front desk.
3. Branding – Branding is, at its core, a way for businesses to build trust in a product or service. Not only does it give customers access to a product or service, but it provides a way for them to check out the company. Blog posts, social media, online reviews and other interactions create an impression in the minds of potential customers.
4. Reviews – Online reviews can be a double-edged sword, since there is always the possibility of a negative one. However, businesses that treat their customers with honesty and fairness should have more good reviews than bad ones. Potential customers often check reviews before buying a product or service, so businesses should encourage reviews and ratings on websites like Yelp.
5. Selling – People like to buy things, but they do not like to be sold. Quality website content allows customers to make informed purchasing decisions in their own time and way. Marketing is also easier with an established web presence, and it is more cost-effective than traditional marketing.
Not all businesses have the personnel or funds to build a successful online presence. Fortunately, companies like Register.com offer several resources to help businesses grow on the Internet. From web hosting and website management to e-commerce and search engine marketing (SEM), Register.com can help companies move ahead in the new millennium. To learn more about this company, call 1-888-734-4783 or visit www.register.com.