Skype is a compulsory tool for Internet lovers. All of you know what is Skype and its use, so I’m not going on that side. A lot of people have two or more accounts for various purposes. This lets you use one Skype account for business calls and another account for personal communications. Usually, Skype doesn’t allow you to use two Skype accounts at the same time on one Computer. But what will you do, if you want to use two Skype accounts at the same instance. Yes there is a simple solution for this, you don’t have any technical knowledge. Let’s go!
Important→ You must have Skype 4.0 or later to use two accounts on the same computer. If you are using an older version, download latest version.
- Open Skype and sign in to your first account.
- Click Start→Run or Windows key + R.
- Type the following command including quotes and press OK.
“C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary
A second instance of Skype will open. If you installed Skype in a location other than the default location, replace “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone” with that location.
- Enter the username and password for your second Skype account, then click “Sign In.” Your computer will now be running two Skype accounts at the same time.
If the above mentioned steps fails, here is another solution.
- Go to Skype installed directory usually C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\ and find Skype.exe.
- Right click and Send to → Desktop(Create Shortcut)
- Locate the shortcut on desktop, then Right Click→ Select Properties .
- In the target field add /secondary
- The modified target field look like this “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary
- Click OK.
Now you can Open any number of instance of Skype by double clicking the new shortcut of Skype. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.