Twitter launched a new security measure “Two Step Verification“, to protect twitter accounts from hacking and unauthorized access. This will allow users to require both a password and a verification code that gets sent to them via SMS on their mobile phone. The feature is disabled by default, so you’ll need to go into your account settings in order to enable it.
Earlier we shared a detailed tutorial about enabling 2-Step verification in Google, Yahoo and Dropbox accounts. If you not yet enabled on these sites you can checkout the detailed tutorial.
How to set up 2-Step in Twitter?
Follow the steps below to enable this feature for your account.
1. Sign in to your twitter account and go to settings page.
2. Scroll down to bottom and you can see “Require a verification code when i sign in” option under Account Security.
If you don’t enabled phone number, click on the link “add phone” and add your mobile number.
3. After adding phone number check the box saying “Require a verification code when I sign in”
4. Quickly you’ll get a pop-up box, Click on “Okay, send me a message.”
5. Now check your phone for the verification message from twitter, once you received your 2 step is activated and the codes will send to this phone.
6. Finally you need to enter your password once again and you are done.
Here is a quick video tutorial of the same, do watch it.