RIM(Research In Motion) now re-branded to Blackberry officially on 30th January 2013 launched two new flagship smart phones Blackberry Z10 and Q10 running Blackberry OS 10. On the occasion of the launching event they pointed that BB OS 10 is a powerful and real multitasker because this whole new OS is the outcome of 2 years of hard work over 10000 employees across the world.
Blackberry Z10 is a stylish full touch device arrives with a 4.2 inch display screen having a resolution of 1280 x 786 pixels with a resolution density of ~356 ppi, an 8-megapixel camera rear and a 2-mega pixel front cameras and all the connectivity options one can ask for in a smart phone. The Blackberry Z10 runs on a 1.5GHz dual-core processor in concert with 2GB of RAM. There is also 16GB of internal memory along with a micro SD card slot.
Image Courtesy: Ubergizmo.com
Full Technical Specifications of Blackberry Z10[icon name=icon-signal] Network
- 2G : GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- 3G : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – STL100-1
- 4G : LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2600 – STL100-2
- SIM : Micro-SIM.
- 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm (5.12 x 2.58 x 0.35 in)
- Weight 137.5 g (4.83 oz)
- Type Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Alert types : Vibration, MP3 ringtones
- Loudspeaker : Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- GPRS : Yes
- EDGE : Yes
- Speed : HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; LTE, EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band
- Bluetooth : Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC : Yes
- USB : Yes, microUSB v2.0
- Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features Geo-tagging, continuous auto-focus, image stabilization, face detection
- Video Yes, [email protected], video stabilization
- Secondary Yes, 2 MP, [email protected]
- OS BlackBerry 10 OS
- Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
- CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU Adreno 225
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, BBM 6
- Browser HTML5
- Radio TBD
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
- Java Yes, MIDP 2.1
- Colors Black, White
- Capacity Li-Ion 1800mAh Standard Battery
- Standby Time Up To 305 Hours (3G)
- Up To 316 Hours (2G)
- Talk Time Up To 10 Hours
- Video Playback Time Up To 11 Hours
- Audio Playback Time Up To 60 Hours
Availability and Pricingof BlackBerry Z10
Initially the UK market will be getting this phone through the O2, Vodafone, EE, Phones 4u, BT, 3UK on both pre-pay and monthly contract plans. Pricing is not disclosed.
Canada will be getting this mobile from 5th February 2013 at $149.99 on a contract for 3 years.
UAE market will get the Blackberry Z10 contract-free version from 10th February at AED 2,599 ($708).
US will get this mobile from March but the pricing not yet revealed.
In India it will be priced between Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000