If you are a windows user you can increase your internet speed up to 20%. This can be done by decrease the reserve windows bandwidth. By default windows holds 20% of your bandwidth for various services such as windows update and other services.
To stop from reserving bandwidth for priority applications and increase the speed of your Internet connection, you need to change the Quality of Service (QoS) settings in the registry.
Make sure you must log in with administrative privilege.
- Click “Start” and select “Run” or press Win+R.
- Type “gpedit.msc“(without quotes).
- Click on Computer Configuration(in left side panel).
- Open Administrative Templates(in right side panel).
- Open Network and open QoS Packet Sheduler.
- Then open Limit reservable bandwidth, a new window will appear.[/unordered_list]
- Click Enable and change Bandwidth limit from 20% to 0%.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart computer and surf internet.