If you are a windows user you can increase your internet speed up to 20%. This can be done by decrease the reserve windows bandwidth. By default windows holds 20% of your bandwidth for various services such as windows update and other services.
To stop from reserving bandwidth for priority applications and increase the speed of your Internet connection, you need to change the Quality of Service (QoS) settings in the registry.
Make sure you must log in with administrative privilege.
- Click “Start” and select “Run” or press Win+R.
- Type “gpedit.msc“(without quotes).
- Click on Computer Configuration(in left side panel).
- Open Administrative Templates(in right side panel).
- Open Network and open QoS Packet Sheduler.
- Then open Limit reservable bandwidth, a new window will appear.[/unordered_list]
- Click Enable and change Bandwidth limit from 20% to 0%.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart computer and surf internet.
Note: If you are using Windows 7 starter or Home Premium, unfortunately gpedit.msc is not available. Don’t worry you can enable it by installing this application! Click here to download!
This one is too good.
This is really good for windows XP users, but for Windows 7 users, you made it easy by providing the link to download the application.
Thanks a lot for this educative site that is useful enough for everyone who wants to overcome the slowness of internet speed.In addition to speeding up internet connection that includes paying for a fast connection, run basic maintenance on your computer, upgrade your hardware and reboot your router occasionally and you should have a blazing fast connection. [ internet speed guide (dot) com ]
I agree with you James.
Thanks for stopping by James.
A good tool to increase internet speed is Internet Cyclone. You can google it for more informations.
Thanks dude for this information.
gpedit setup is install properly, But gpedit.msc is not working ?
Gpedit.msc is not a software to install, its a Windows service enabled in all Windows os. Make sure you typed correctly.