[dropcap]I[/dropcap]n recent times Facebook is adding new elements in Newsfeed – Trending Articles. It’s a small box with news articles sometimes sponsored articles that your friends read from Social Readers and you can slide through listing of various news articles within the box. Fortunately, this box only appear sometimes at random. If you don’t want to see Trending articles in your feed, there is no official method to remove this item. Well I found 3 methods for you. This way you’ll be able to get rid of trending articles on Facebook Feed.
1. Hide or Remove Trending Articles using FB Purity
FB purity is a popular browser extension to customize various features in Facebook.[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- Install FB Purity for Chrome and Firefox
- After installation reload your Facebook profile by just pressing F5 and you FB Purity link at the top part of news feed.(see screenshot)
- You can see a Settings pop-up window, then check Hide option next to “Read an article / Trending Articles” option and then click “Save and close” button at the bottom.(see screenshot) From now on, Trending Articles box will not appear in your Facebook news feed.[/unordered_list]
2. Hide or Remove Trending Articles using Stylish[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- Install Stylish browser extension. For Chrome users install “Stylish for Chrome” and Firefox users install “Stylish for Firefox“
- Now go to userstyles.org page and install “Facebook Remove Trending Articles” user-style script with your Stylish Add-on.
- You are done. Now whenever you will go to your Facebook account, you will not see the “Trending Articles” section in your News Feed.
3. Hide or Remove Trending Articles using Blocking Applications
Also you can hide Trending articles from feed by blocking Social Reader Apps, but this is a hectic process because finding all News apps and blocking them. Okay. . . Lets get to it.[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- Go to Privacy Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Blocked People and Apps.
- Type the name of the app that was posting to your timeline, click it and it will be added to the list of apps that now are not allowed to interact with your Facebook account.
- And there you go. No more “trending articles”.